- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
Potato Crab Hash Ingredients:
- 3 cups Green Giant™ Fresh Goldust® Potatoes – cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper – chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion – diced
- 12 oz can lump crab meat – drained picked through to remove any shells
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion – sliced for garnish
Easy Hollandaise Ingredients:
- 3 egg yolks – room temperature
- 1 stick butter – melted and bubbling hot
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice – room temp
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Potato Hash Directions:
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Add 1 tbsp salt and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes for five minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain and set aside. NOTE: Do not cover potatoes. Allow the moisture to evaporate by placing potatoes on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil to a large skillet over medium/high heat then add bell peppers and onions. Cook until onions are just translucent and bell peppers have softened. Remove onions and peppers from the skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add 1 more tbsp oil and add potatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the outside of the potatoes are crispy and the inside of the potatoes are soft. Add the cooked onions and bell peppers and sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Add crab meat and stir to combine all ingredients and warm the crab meat thoroughly. Remove skillet from the burner and set aside until ready to eat.
- Plate potato crab hash, spoon hollandaise over the potato crab hash, and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Options: add poached eggs, hot sauce, or more fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Easy Hollandaise Directions:
- Place egg yolks in a food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes. While the eggs blend, place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave until bubbling hot.
- With the blade still running, add lemon juice, dijon, and pinch of cayenne pepper to the food processor. Once the butter is bubbling hot (but not burned), slowly and carefully pour the butter into the egg mixture and blend for 2-3 more minutes. Add hollandaise to a bowl until ready to use.