Potato Garlic Rosemary Falafels
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 cups Green Giant™ Fresh Red Potatoes – skin on and cubed
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic – chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary - chopped
- 1 tsp rubbed (dried) sage
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add cubed potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Add 1 tbsp salt and bring to a boil. Cook until fork-tender.
- While potatoes boil – add chickpeas, olive oil, rosemary, sage, lemon juice, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse a few times until all ingredients are combined. The mixture should be a rough, sandy texture. TIP: if you pulse too much, you will end up with hummus. Be sure not to over-process.
- Drain potatoes and add them back into the pot. Mash by hand, or if you have removed the potato skins, then use a potato ricer.
- Add chickpea mixture to the pot of potatoes and mix with a rubber spatula to combine ingredients well. Taste and season as desired. TIP: If the mixture seems too dry and crumbly, add 1 tbsp of olive oil at a time and mix.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray (we used avocado oil spray) and scoop 1-2 tbsp size amounts of the falafel mixture onto the baking sheet (a cookie scoop works well here). Gently press the tops of the falafel balls with the back of a spatula to create a patty. Spray falafels lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes flipping the potato falafels half-way through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your choice of garnish and sauce: lemon slices, tzatziki, tahini, ranch dressing, etc.