Scalloped Potatoes With Ham
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 lbs. Klondike Goldust® Potatoes, sliced into rounds
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
- In large skillet, saute butter, celery, carrots and onions until translucent (parcooked).
- Add diced ham to skillet.
- Make a rue by adding the flour to your skillet and stirring to coat the vegetables and ham with the flour.
- Once coated, add the milk and stir until you see the mixture start to thicken. Once it begins to thicken, cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the sharp cheddar and gruyere cheese and gently stir to melt. • Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a casserole dish, layer 1/2 potatoes along the bottom and cover with 1/2 of the scallop sauce. Repeat.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Cook for 45 - 60 minutes.