Sausage, Mushroom, and Potato Lasagna
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- ½ pound ground sausage
- 2 C. sliced mushrooms
- 4 large Klondike Goldust® potatoes, sliced thin
- 1-10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ C. ricotta cheese
- ¼ C. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1½ C. milk
- 1 C. Mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 C. breadcrumbs
- In a skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is fully cooked. Drain; set aside.
- Boil potatoes for 5 minutes, or until crisp/tender. Drain; set aside.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan, and egg. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg and blend. Whisk for approximately 2 minutes. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Layer with half the spinach mixture, sausage mixture, white sauce, and mozzarella. Repeat with remaining in the same order.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer, just to melt the cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.