Purple Potato Pancakes With Apples
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 bag Klondike Gourmet® Purple-Purple Fleshed Potatoes
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8-10 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cooking spray
- 3 medium, unpeeled, tart cooking apples, sliced (to make three cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Cut the potatoes into ½ inch pieces. Boil until soft, drain.
- Puree potatoes in food processor and add remaining ingredients in order as listed.
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat pan to medium high. Pour approximately 1/2 cup of batter in the pan and gently tip to distribute evenly into a thick pancake. Turn pancake over when first side appears to be browning. Repeat until all batter is used.
- In a microwavable bowl, mix apple slices, water, sugar and cinnamon. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir. Microwave uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until apples are tender when pierced with fork.
- Lay pancakes flat and place a large spoonful of the apple mixture onto the center of the pancake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.