Loaded Stuffed Potatoes Wrapped in Prosciutto
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 Klondike Rose® or Goldust® baker size potatoes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 12 pieces of prosciutto (each piece should be large enough to wrap potato)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring pot to a simmer and cook potatoes until a fork can easily pierce the potato. Be careful not to overcook the potatoes.
- Drain and rinse the cooked potatoes under cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
- In a large bowl, mix together sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, mushrooms, basil, thyme, chili powder, cumin, and lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste and mix together. Set aside.
- Cut each potato in half. Divide the cheese mixture between the six potatoes and carefully stuff the middle of the potato and then wrap the potato using 2 pieces of prosciutto. The prosciutto will hold the stuffing in and the potato together.
- Place the potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and make sure the prosciutto seam is down, otherwise, the prosciutto will curl up on itself while baking.
- Place the prepared potatoes into a 450 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the prosciutto is crisp.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve. Enjoy!