Hearty Red Potato & Chicken Casserole
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 lb. Green Giant Fresh Red Potatoes
- 1 pkg. stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- Cook vegetables according to package directions, drain.
- Cube potatoes, cover with water. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion, garlic, and peppers in ¼ cup butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, sage, pepper and salt until blended. Whisk for 2 minutes. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; stir until thickened. Stir in the chicken, potatoes, and mixed veggies. Transfer to 9x13 inch pan.
- Boil remaining ½ cup butter and water together. Mix in dry stuffing mix. Let sit 5 minutes. Sprinkle over top of chicken and potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.