Beef & Klondike Potato Ravioli
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Klondike Potato Ravioli:
- 4 Klondike Rose potatoes, cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour (more or less)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- butter for frying
- freshly chopped basil for garnish
- To make the filling heat a large sauté pan on the stove. Add a little olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Add the onion and garlic, sauté until fragrant. Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking it up. Add the flour and tomato paste, mix together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Continue cooking mixture for about 20 minutes.
- While the hamburger mixture is cooking boil the Klondike potatoes and cook through. Remove from the heat and cool under a stream of cold water.
- Mash the potatoes and mix in the eggs, flour and olive oil. Mix together. If needed add additional flour or water to make a dough.
- Divide the potato dough into approximately 24 pieces and flattening them into rounds. Spoon the cool filling into the prepared potato rounds and fold them in half to encase the filling. Pinch the edges to hold them together.
- Heat a large skillet and add enough butter to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Cook the ravioli for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with freshly chopped basil as garnish. Enjoy!